The Crisis Leadership Program (CLP) offers hands-on short courses with flexible delivery models to meet the needs of first responders working in crisis response and recovery.
Participants will gain insights to better understand and navigate the disaster response system, as well as build their own leadership skills.
The CLP is supported by the Center for Disaster Philanthropy. The program was designed with support from the Humanitarian Leadership Academy and Save the Children, with funding from UK aid from the UK government.
About the course
CLP Seed, Grow and Extend
The CLP offers participants a convenient eight-week blended learning program of online study, live sessions, and an in-person intensive module.
For more experienced participants, the CLP offers a five-day intensive with individual and group coaching.
The CLP comprises three different courses: Seed, Grow and Extend.
CLP Seed is designed for participants with between 0 to 2 years of experience (approximately) working in conflict, disaster, and crisis settings. Participatory and action-focused, CLP Seed provides you with insights to better understand and navigate the disaster response system, as well as build your skills as a leader.
- Download the CLP Seed course brochure (PDF).
CLP Grow is designed for participants with between 2 to 8 years of experience (approximately) working in conflict, disaster, and crisis settings. CLP Grow provides you with tools and techniques to hone your leadership skills, as well as insights to deepen your understanding of the disaster response system, and how to navigate and influence it.
- Download the CLP Grow course brochure (PDF).
CLP Extend is designed for individuals operating in a crisis context with more than eight years’ experience in organisational leadership and with key responsibilities in strategic planning and decision-making. CLP Extend will expand your capabilities to lead teams and organisations in rapidly evolving and crisis contexts, while building networks to help influence change within the humanitarian and disaster response system.
- Download the CLP Extend course brochure (PDF).
2023/24 Course Dates
- 19 October – 7 December 2023 | Intensive: 4-7 December; Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- 12 October – 30 November 2023 | Intensive: 27 November- 30 November; Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- 16 November 2023 – 1 February 2024 | Intensive: 29 January – 1 February 2024; Location: Istanbul, Turkiye
- 9 October – 13 October 2023 | Location: Istanbul, Turkiye Please note this course is now full and applications have closed.
- 5 February – 9 February 2024 | Location: Krakow, Poland
Course fees and associated costs for the in-person intensive module (or for CLP Extend, the five-day intensive course) are charged according to each participant’s employment (see Tier structure below). Course fees are subsidised for participants working with local organisations, with only some logistical costs to be paid for.
- Participants working for local NGOs or other local organisations.
- Tier 1 participants are not charged course fees, but are required to pay for transport to the intensive module location, and for some meals.
- Participants working for international NGOs or the UN.
- Tier 2 applications are required to pay course fees and travel costs (including accommodation and meals).
- CLP Seed Tier 2 costs: USD $400
- CLP Grow Tier 2 costs: USD$550
- CLP Extend Tier 2 costs USD $550
To be eligible for CLP Seed, applicants must have between 0 -2 years of experience (approximately) working in conflict, disaster, and crisis settings.
To be eligible for CLP Grow, applicants must have between 2-8 years of experience (approximately) working in conflict, disaster, and crisis settings.
To be eligible for CLP Extend, applications must have more than 8 years of experience leading teams in conflict, disaster, and crisis settings.
Please visit the CLP Application Form page to apply for Seed, Grow or Extend (being conducted in English). You will need to download and complete the Employee Support Form as part of your application.
You can apply for CLP Seed in Polish and also Ukrainian, via the specific language application forms listed below.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about the CLP or your application.